Termite Inspection Canyon Lake, Texas
Unlike other types of pests, the three species of termite which usually cause problems in the country need to be dealt with in various ways in order to influence a long term alternative to the difficulty. In this specific article, we will take a look at the three distinct termite species, the best way to identify which species is causing you a difficulty in your house, and in one case we shall discuss treatment options. The only way to know for sure is to get a termite inspection. For a termite inspection in Canyon Lake, call us!
* Geography: Subterranean termites are the most commonly found termite pest in america. They are concentrated along the Gulf and in the South.
Canyon Lake. Texas Termite Inspection:
* Habitat: As their name suggests, subterranean termites build their nests in the ground. Prevention is made by this a bit easier for this species, because all you have to do is make sure that nothing made from wood in your house is in direct contact with-the ground. They get to the wood around the house through mud tubes that go from their nest.
* Look: There are four distinct types of subterranean termites; the soldiers, winged reproducers, queen, and workers. Workers are what cause the damage to your home; they are white with dark heads and about 1/2 an inch long. Soldiers are a little large, black, and have elongated heads. Reproducers are winged and black, and could be the first signal that there is a termite problem in your house.
Get a Canyon Lake termite inspection from us and we will identify them.
* Treatment: There are various various ways to handle a sub problem and we handle them in a separate post.
Damp wood Termites
* Geography: Dampwood termites live up and down the West Coast.
* Habitat: Dampwood termites nest in wood, and as their name indicates they prefer that it’s kept rather damp.
* Look: Dampwood termites have reproducers, soldiers, the queen, and only three types. Additionally it is the soldiers who do the injury to-your property. They have big heads and unlike subs, produce oval sized fecal pellets which indicate their presence.
* Treatment: Although there are many different treatments that may assist the other two species of different as well as termite measures, the easiest method to treat dampwood termites will be to replace it and dry up wet wood. They can’t live without the moisture, and will shortly die. It’s never required to spray for this species.
Dry Wood Termites
* Geography: Drywood termites are seen in southern, coastal regions of the nation.
* Habitat: Drywood termites can live in almost any sort of wood, and don’t need to get their nests in contact with-the earth either. This makes it a bit harder to prevent an infestation.
* Appearance: As with subs, there are four different kinds of drywood termite, and generally they have the same appearance. The difference is in size, with drywoods being in between <>dampwoods and subs.
* Treatment: As treating a drywood termite problem is a bit more involved than dampwoods, we have provided a different article on the theme. Call us for a termite inspection in Canyon Lake. We are the Canyon Lake termite inspection specialists.
For more information on termites, click here.