Termite Inspection Weir, Texas
Contrary to other kinds of pests, the three species of termite which generally cause difficulties in the country need to be dealt with in different ways in order to impact a long term solution to the issue. In this article, we’ll have a look at the three distinct termite species, how to determine which species is causing you a difficulty in your home, and in one case we shall discuss treatment options. The only way to know for sure is to get a termite inspection. For a termite inspection in Weir, call us!
* Geography: Subterranean termites are the most commonly found termite pest in the United States. They are concentrated along the Gulf and in the South.
Weir. Texas Termite Inspection:
* Habitat: Subterranean termites build their nests in the earth, as their name suggests. Prevention is made by this a bit easier for this species, because all you have to do is make sure nothing made from wood on your own house is in direct contact with-the ground. They get for the wood on the house through mud tubes that extend from their nest.
* Look: There are four different kinds of subterranean termites; the winged reproducers, queen, soldiers, and workers. Soldiers are a bit large, black, and have elongated heads. Reproducers are winged and black, and could be the first sign that there is a problem in your house.
Get a Weir termite inspection from us and we will identify them.
* Treatment: There are various different ways to treat a sub problem and we deal with them in another post.
Damp wood Termites
* Geography: Dampwood termites live up and down the West Coast.
* Look: Dampwood termites have soldiers, just three types, the queen, and reproducers. It’s likewise the soldiers who do the damage to your home. They have big heads and unlike subs, produce oval sized fecal pellets which signal their presence.
* Treatment: Although there are a number of different remedies that could assist the other two species of termite together with different steps, the easiest strategy to treat dampwood termites is to replace it and dry out wet wood. They can’t live without the wetness, and will soon expire. It’s never necessary to spray for this particular species.
Dry Wood Termites
* Geography: Drywood termites are seen in southern, coastal areas of the country.
* Habitat: Drywood termites can stay in just about any sort of wood, and don’t need to have their nests in contact with-the earth either. This makes it a bit harder to prevent an infestation.
* Appearance: As with subs, there are four different types of drywood termite, and in general they have the same appearance. The difference is in size, with drywoods being in between subs and <>dampwoods.
* Treatment: We’ve provided a different article on the matter, as treating a drywood termite problem is a little more concerned than dampwoods. Call us for a termite inspection in Weir. We are the Weir termite inspection specialists.
For more information on termites, click here.