Termite Inspection Wimberley, Texas
Like many different pests, termites found in america may be one of several different species. Contrary to other kinds of pests, the three species of termite which commonly cause difficulties in the state really have to be managed in various ways as a way to influence a long-lasting alternative to the issue. In this specific article, we will have a look at the three distinct termite species, the best way to identify which species is causing you a difficulty in your house, and in one case we shall discuss treatment alternatives. The only way to know for sure is to get a termite inspection. For a termite inspection in Wimberley, call us!
* Geography: Subterranean termites are the most frequently seen termite pest in the Usa.
Wimberley. Texas Termite Inspection:
* Habitat: As their name implies, subterranean termites build their nests in the earth. This make prevention a bit easier for this species, because all you need to do is make sure nothing made from wood on your own house is in direct contact with the earth. They get for the wood on the house through mud tubes that extend from their nest.
* Look: There are four distinct kinds of subterranean termites; the winged reproducers, queen, soldiers, and workers. Soldiers are a little large, black, and have elongated heads. Reproducers are winged and black, and could be the first indication that there’s a termite problem in your home.
Get a Wimberley termite inspection from us and we will identify them.
* Treatment: There are several various ways to treat a sub issue and we handle them in another article.
Damp wood Termites
* Appearance: Dampwood termites have soldiers, only three sorts, the queen, and reproducers. They’re the greatest of the three termite species, the soldiers being up to 3/4 of an inch long. It’s likewise the soldiers who do the injury to your home. They have large heads and unlike subs, produce oval sized fecal pellets which suggest their existence.
* Treatment: replace it and dry up wet wood}, although there are many different remedies that may assist the other two species of termite in addition to different measures. They can’t live without the moisture, and will soon expire. It’s never required to spray for this species.
Dry Wood Termites
* Geography: Drywood termites are seen in southern, coastal areas of the state.
* Habitat: Drywood termites can live in any kind of wood, and don’t need to have their nests in contact with the ground either. This makes it a bit harder to prevent an infestation.
* Appearance: As with subs, there are four distinct types of drywood termite, and generally they possess the same appearance. The difference is in size, with drywoods being in between <>dampwoods and subs. Also, drywood termites put out poop, like dampwoods, but their pellets are oblong with six sides.
* Treatment: We’ve provided a different post on the theme, as treating a drywood termite problem can be a little more concerned than dampwoods. Call us for a termite inspection in Wimberley. We are the Wimberley termite inspection specialists.
For more information on termites, click here.